Tuesday 12 August 2014

A blast from the past: Warhammer Online

In the midst of spring cleaning my work room, which on any given day looks like a tornado has just flown through it, I came across a pleasant surprise in the form of the Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning Collectors Edition box set. I had completely forgotten about this brilliant massively online multiplayer online role-playing game and the many goodies that came along with the box set.   

Grumlock (Ork Warboss) and Gazbag (Gretchin Shaman) metal miniature

Released in 2008, this game is an old favourite of mine that provided hours of fun. Back then, I hadn't yet started on my journey of miniature painting so I didn't truly grasp how cool the goodies that came with the Collectors Edition set was, especially the highly detailed Grumlok (ork warboss) and Gazbag (grethcin shaman) metal miniature. Six years ago, I didn't know what to do with the miniature. But now, looking at all those details waiting to be painted only has me rubbing my hands in glee.

Warhammer Online 60-day game card
There were a lot of goodies in the Collectors Edition
A second unboxing after nearly six years on my shelf untouched

Besides the miniature, there were two hardcover books namely The Art of Warhammer Online and Prelude to War, the former is an art book while the latter is a graphic novel, both with great drawings. Shown below are some photos I took of selected pages from both books.

Art book: A dwarf and his weapons
Art book: Grumlok and Gazbag
Art book: Uppity high elves
Graphic novel: Dark elves or Druchii
Graphic novel: Sworn enemies of the Druchii ... High elves
Graphic novel: A Greater Daemon of Nurgle and all things Chaos
Graphic Novel: A fire mage of the Empire
Graphic Novel: An ork warboss doing what it does best ... kill

This short walk down memory lane certainly has me reminiscing about all the good times I enjoyed playing the Warhammer Online game. As nice as this little diversion was, I guess it's just another way for me to put off cleaning my work room. Time for me to stop procrastinating and face the mess.

http://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

6 comments:

  1. Souvenirs, souvenirs...2008 already seems so far away! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... time sure flies as you get older. Six years is a long time but it seems to have passed in a blink of an eye.

      Delete
  2. Always good to find a distraction when tidying one's room and these looks particularly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit of a hoarder but I am finding it easier to let go of things as I get older. That or I was raring to use a shredder I got on sale some time ago. ^_^

      Delete
  3. wow, a hidden treasure!
    it's wonderful when it happens to find out something we didn't have memory of.
    i can't wait to see what you'll do with those minis!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed ... I am finding all sorts of stuff as I clean my room, the weirdest ones being a couple of my son's milk tooth that I for some reason kept. O_O

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...